Sears Home improvement Complaint
Sears: unreasonable - Flooring Materials and service
I was approached, in Sears, by a representative that was offering a special on home improvements. The sales representative that came out was very nice. I received two project managers as I was sold windows and flooring. I should have spoken to someone before I accepted the price as I found out that it was outrageous compared to other providers of service.
The windows were over $5,000 for 7 windows but the flooring was the major issue. They charged over $2,200 for a 25 x 8 space that wasn%u2019t that because of non-movable cabinets and a closet. Even then, I had to remove old flooring, prepare the floor, and replace my own quarter-round.
I attempted to contact my project manager Shay for a least a week. I called the salesperson, who informed me that he was on vacation but was sure that they could change my order. When I couldn%u2019t get in touch with the project manager or receive a response to messages, I decided to reach out to the manager of the sales person, Mr. Maleki. Mr. Maleki informed me that the sales person was on vacation and he would have him to call me upon his return. He said that he wasn%u2019t sure if the order had been fulfilled yet.
During my calls to the project manager, I left on her voicemail that I wish to cancel the flooring. On that day, she returned the call and said that she couldn%u2019t cancel it but would reach out to someone else. She asked me the reason for my cancel so I informed her that it was too much trouble and way too expensive compared to what it should be.
After no contact for a while, I e-mailed the manager, Mr. Maleki, and he said that I forfeited 30% of the total (around $660) for cancelling the order. I explained my attempts to contact but he didn%u2019t care about that. I then asked if the flooring belonged to me since I was charged that much for it and he said that it still belonged to them.
I completed the window job and have purchased other home improvements from Sears. It seems to me that they would value their paying customers more than that. This is a tremendous penalty with no second thought. Buyer, not only are these rates outrageous but they charge you for no service and keep the materials. Take your business elsewhere.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More Sears Home improvement reviews
- Central Heating and Air
- Central Heating and Air Installation
- Sears Home improvement. Beware
- Sears Central air has not worked since installed months ago.
- Kitchen remodel circus
- Sears Home Improvement. Rudest people ever.
- Sears Home Improvement - Consumers beware! Do not conduct business with this company
- Sears Home Improvements Kitchen Cabinet Refacing and Countertops
- Misrepresentation of product, bad fit, uncaring management
- Misleading tactics from Sales people
- Misleading sales, no support of bad product
- Don't believe the hype about the "Lifetime Warranty" on Sidingq
- Sears siding and roofing mess
- sears home inprovement of columbus ohio rips you off
- Sears Never Fix Products
- Sears Siding
- Sears Home Services -- truly rip off
- Unreasonable Ban
- Sears Autmotive Center - Tire warranty never valid
- Sears hired Dynamex for a delivery disaster
- Sears connect complaints
- Sears pension
- Sears/whirlpool refrigerator
- Nordic track
- Broken refrigerator
- Poor Sears Home Services - Never Again!
- Terrible Experience
- sears warranties NO GOOD
- Sears Warranty - Deceptive
- 40 YR CUSTOMER
- Sears customer service
- Example: Sears kohler lawn mower
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you